Date: 11/4/19 7:44 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] 11/2 Passanageset Park Four White-crowned Sparrows, Lincoln's, etc.
Thanks to Paul Peterson for this report.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

*

Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 21:59:29 +0000 (UTC)
From: Paul Peterson <petersonpaul63...>

Hi,
I birded this place (formerly Broad Meadows) in Quincy from 1:00-5:00 on
Saturday, I had to wait for the lady in the tractor to leave before I
entered the adjacent D.P. W. yard. I was rewarded there with THREE
WHITE-CROWNED AND ONE LINCOLN'S SPARROW ! Another White-crowned Sparrow
way down by the footbridge gave me four. The Willet was continuing for
about three weeks now!Â

Great Blue Heron 2
Great Egret 2
WOOD DUCK 5
 flew in while I was there
Bufflehead 5
Hooded Merganser 1
Red-tailed Hawk 2
Cooper's Hawk 1+
Killdeer 1
Dunlin 1  flying around and calling
Greater Yellowlegs 9  roosting on dock
WILLET 1 ditto
Peregrine Falcon 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet 2
WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW 4
LINCOLN'S SPARROW 1
Song Sparrow 45 I covered much ground
Savannah Sparrow 20
Swamp Sparrow 10
White-throated Sparrow 10
SNOW BUNTING 1 calling
Dark-eyed Junco 1

P.S. There was a LINCOLN'S SPARROW yesterday at Sunset Lake in Braintree
near the skateboard park. Also, there were sixteen Hooded Merganser.
Also, I had my F.O.F. Hermit Thrush at Ricchardi Reservoir in
Braintree/Randolph.

Paul Peterson
<petersonpaul63...>
Boston