Date: 11/4/19 7:34 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Bill Drummond
Thanks to Nancy Eaton for this post.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

*

Subject:  Bill Drummond
Date:  Mon, 4 Nov 2019 15:09:59 +0000 (UTC)
From:  NEaton <nancyeaton...>

Fellow Birders:

Like so many others, I am indebted to Bill Drummond for growing my lists
from Arizona to Alaska and beyond.  Bill was not only a consummate
birder but a dedicated and intense leader in the field. His
organizational skills were legion, and he worked tirelessly to make sure
that everyone saw or heard the target species. I valued his even-handed
dealing with trip participants and his efforts at making distant trips
affordable and accessible. His no-nonsense military style betrayed a
caring and  reliable competence that was so widely respected. When he
called out, "Get ready!", we did--and I, for one, hope to remember his
admonition not just for birding but for all of life.

Nancy Eaton

Enfield, CT

Join us on Facebook!