Date: 11/4/19 10:52 am
From: Nancy L Newfield <nancy...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Two Today!
Hummingbirders,

It really is not too surprising to see a couple of Ruby-throated
Hummingbirds here in southeastern Louisiana as we move into the fall
season. However, the circumstances are a bit unusual!

On Thursday and Friday of last week our 29-year-old deck was torn down and
hauled away. This morning, 2 carpenters started work on a new deck with
all the attendant noise of workmen using hammers and saws. Yet, 2 immature
male Ruby-throateds are continuing to visit the flowers even though there
are just as many good flowers in the much quieter front yard. Feeders both
places are just ignored.

*Iron Nan*
--
Nancy L Newfield