Date: 11/4/19 9:44 am
From: erik.d.ostrander <erik.d.ostrander...>
Subject: [obol] Cannon Beach First Sunday Bird Walk
Good morning OBOL, Yesterday was the first Sunday monthly bird walk in Cannon Beach. We had an average turnout of the winter Clatsop county birders. With 20 species of birds, 10 of which were waterfowl, winter in the Pacific Northwest is definitely approaching. The weather was fantastic, clear, cool and calm. It made hearing the Black Phoebe calling that much easier to find. A single Northern Pintail female was hanging out in the settling ponds along with nearly 100 Buffleheads and numerous Gadwall and American Wigeon. We found a pair of Green-winged Teal in the ponds as well. Up in the forest we had an unexpected surprise find of a rough-skinned newt and a really interesting mushroom cluster. My ebird list can be found here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S61150899The walk was fun and productive as usual. For anyone who wants to join us the monthly walk is held at the Cannon Beach settling ponds every first Sunday of each month. We begin at about 9:00am.  The next walk is December 1st.  All are welcome to join and see some birds with some fun people. Thank you,Erik Ostrander(503) <621-6170Erik.d.ostrander...>: Hannah and Erik Go Birding

Join us on Facebook!