Date: 11/4/19 5:06 am
From: Holly Merker <0000002d9b0d8554-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Fulvous Whistling-Duck ??
Hi Frank,

There was an eBird report submitted late last night for a observation of Fulvous Whistling-Duck, but it has not been confirmed by an eBird reviewer, therefore, it will not show up on any data output or maps, just the rare bird alerts like the one you are receiving. https://ebird.org/checklist/S61166986 <https://ebird.org/checklist/S61166986>

The checklist was logged “incidental", and the time of observation listed as a few minutes shy of midnight.

The time of observation noted, coupled with the fact that there were no supportive field notes other than “flyby" included for the observation, suggests that the observer is not familiar with how eBird works, and most especially, the rarity-level of Fulvous Whistling Duck in Pennsylvania.

Regional reviewers will follow-up with the observer, and if there’s any additional information that supports the observation in any way, it will be shared with the birding community.

Good birding,

Holly Merker
eBird PA

> On Nov 4, 2019, at 7:50 AM, Franklin Haas <fhaasbirds...> wrote:
>
> Fulvous Whistling-Duck (Westmoreland County) showed up on my eBird alert
> post.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this?
>
> When I went to eBird, I could not find any sighting for PA.
>
> Frank
>
> --
> Frank Haas
>
> Wisdom begins with putting the right name to a thing.

Join us on Facebook!