Date: 11/4/19 1:04 am
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Southern Chester County Hawk Watch at Bucktoe Creek Preserve (03 Nov 2019) 234 Raptors

Observation start time: 07:00:00
Observation end time: 15:00:00
Total observation time: 8 hours

Official Counter: Larry Lewis

Observers:

Visitors:
CREEK PRESERVE
<BR><BR>
Visitors (10): Ian Stewart, Maria Zouras, Elias Zouras, Harvey Rubenstein,
Walter Borys, Gerry Teig, Ellen Nunn, Susan McLaughlin, Ken Reynolds
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>

Weather:
<BR><BR>
Weather:
Sunny (0-10% cloud cover), Ceiling -- 34,800-300,000 ft., Visibility - 100
miles, Temps 35 - 52F, Winds WW @ 100 - 15 mph.
<BR><BR>

Raptor Observations:
----“Raptors” seen, but deemed not to be migrating: 6-Red-tailed Hawk,
and numerous Black (52) and Turkey Vultures (60).
<BR><BR>
----Bald Eagle ages: 1 yr.-_; 2 yr.-_; 3 yr.-_; 4 yr.-_; adult-5
<BR><BR>

Non-raptor Observations:
TODAY’S Bucktoe Bird Blog [‘BBB’]: [PLEASE NOTE: On October 31,
I sent out the new large weekly “blog” and hotline in my new format - a
newsletter. This is NOT THESE reports you get from HawkCount. Rather,
it’s the newsletter from EBNT, with our upcoming schedule and the County
year bird list, etc. If you aren’t receiving it and are a regular
subscriber, look in your spam – a few servers send it there. [go
figure-lol] If you enjoy “the blog,” featuring the county species
list, and it ended up in your spam, you’ll have to follow your
provider’s method of “whitelisting” it, marking it as “not spam”
or it will always go there. It usually comes out every Thursday.
<BR><BR>
The weekly bird walk comes first today at Bucktoe. For the first part of
the walk, I joined 6 participants on this cold morning. Highlights among
the 30 species seen were Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Swamp Sparrow, and a Vesper
Sparrow, the discovery of which gave Maria the full-partial credit she
demanded.
<BR><BR>
The hawk watch produced Turkey Vultures continuing their strong movement
south past the watch.
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>
----ADDITIONAL BIRD HIGHLIGHTS:
<BR><BR>
Ring-billed Gulls, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Ruby-crowned Kinglets,
White-crowned Sparrows, Swamp Sparrows, and Vesper Sparrow
<BR><BR>
----OTHER WILDLIFE NOTED: Butterflies (0). Dragonflies (0). Reptiles &
Amphibians (0). Mammals (3): Eastern Cottontail, Eastern Gray Squirrel,
White-tailed Deer.
<BR><BR>
numbers at the site for today (join me, if you wish): Miles: 5.56; Steps:
13,022; Floors: 11.
<BR><BR>
that.
<BR><BR>
TOTAL SPECIES – Identified from watch site: today: 44; this season:
135
<BR><BR>
NEW SPECIES ADDED TODAY TO THIS YEAR’S “WATCH SPECIES LIST (2):”
Ring-billed Gull and Vesper Sparrow .
<BR><BR>

Predictions:
Tomorrow’s flight looks mostly sunny but with southerly winds. Still, we
are due for our first Golden Eagle...
<BR><BR>
for the “Nighthawk Watch.”

Site Description: