Date: 11/3/19 4:49 pm
From: Steve <stevethiessen...>
Subject: [wisb] Madison Audubon Trip to Lake Michigan
Met at Park and Ride and there were only 4 of us (Pat, Charles, Kathy and I). We meet another couple in Milwaukee. Started at Texas Ave. ,not much. Close Horned Grebe was only thing interesting. McKinley Beach had nothing. North Point was great. Not that many scoters, but all three in great light and distance. Best was an adult Black. There was an immature male and a female W-w Scoter, some immature / female Surf’s. and 3 female type Black.
Best bird ,at Atwater, was Snow Bunting, first heard and spotted by Charles.
At Virmond, Louise and Michael spotted a Red-throated Loon in good scope range.
Virmond Park, Harrington Beach and Kohler-Andre SP were all similar. Lots of Red-breasted Mergansers moving both south and north. Occasional Long-tailed Ducks flying at a distant. Very distant loons flying. Did see a couple groups of scaup and 3 Common Mergansers .
Missed finding a Great Tit.
North Point, in Sheboygan, only had R-b Mergansers.
On the way back we did Hy 49, through Horicon. Great last stop. Lots of Tundra and Trumpeter Swans, good mix of ducks and our first Harrier and Bald Eagle of the day.
Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10