Date: 11/3/19 4:27 pm
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers
Yesterday I saw two Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers together at my neighbors
while walking my dog late afternoon.  On our walk this morning I was
surprised to see two of them as well in the small subdivision next
door.  They both appeared to be females.  I'm so grateful that the
builder left so many of the big trees such as sycamore, hackberry,
walnut, cherry, etc.   With the additional trees and shrubs the
homeowners planted it really is good habitat for birds and other wildlife.

Was hoping to see the Eagle again tonight but no luck.  I did see some
Bluebirds, Yellow Rumps and a couple of Northern Flickers. One was
sitting in the tree with his back to me and prominently displayed the
white rump something that usually shows during flight.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!