Date: 11/3/19 4:21 pm
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Raccoon Ridge (03 Nov 2019) 101 Raptors

Unknown Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 2 4 38

Total: 101 211 4550

Observation start time: 08:00:00
Observation end time: 16:30:00
Total observation time: 8.5 hours

Official Counter: Jim Thomson

Observers: Brian Butler, Jack McCormack, Phil Rodriguez, Tom Campbell

Visitors:
Additional observers- Stephen Bagen and Maura Griffin
Phil & Ann Ribolow- Always great seeing you guys. Come back soon !
Craig Stockert- You were actually a little early today !
Bradley White
Cliff Miller- Welcome to Coon ! Perfect timing on the Golden!
Hikers- 48
SOBO- " Two Bits". Good luck the rest of the way !

Weather:
Temps- 39-47 Deg F, Wind- W @ 5-13mph
Clear skies in the am to mostly cloudy in pm with some breaks
of sunshine

Raptor Observations:
BE- 9:55A, 10:42A, 12:18A, 12:32I, 1:03A, 1:35A, 3:44A
GE- 1:54I

A fun day on the ridge today with lot's of great looks at CLOSE birds
in some beautiful light. Many,many passes along the ridge by Bald Eagles
that came in very tight on the river side creating a huge WOW factor
for observers and visitors alike ! Sharpies at the owl decoy, close looks
at
Red-shoulders and redtails streaming thru.
Add in a fun crew of visitors and Coon " irregulars" and it's gonna'
be a great day up top ! Nice spotting effort by all and I thank you !
We had sweet looks at a crisply marked immature Golden Eagle
that passed below eye level on the river side that bought a "hush"
to the crowd ( as Golden always do ) but our Bird of the Day selection
goes to the adult Red Shoulder that came thru in bin-filling fashion
on the river side in gorgeous light.. a real stunner !!
We counted 7 Bald Eagles today but had many more in the region and
it seemed as though someone always had a Bald Eagle in the bins
throughout the day,
Thanks to all for a really great day today !!

Non-raptor Observations:
TV's & BV's
Blue Jays
Large flocks of crows
Ravens- 4
Large flock of Brant
Report submitted by Jim Thomson (<hawkinflight...>)

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=339

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>
List archives: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=jerseybi