Date: 11/3/19 4:20 pm
From: Tim Hahn <thahnbirder...>
Subject: [wisb] Golden Eagle - Pewaukee
During a brief hike at Ryan Park in Pewaukee this afternoon a Golden Eagle
circled over me for a minute or so and headed west towards Delafied. It had
some remnants of the white patches in the wings and tail, but they were
faint so I think it was almost into it's adult stage.
We don't see Goldens often in SE Wisconsin, so it was quite a treat to have
one fly straight overhead at a close range. Ryan Park is a high hill from
which you can see the Kettle Moraine ridge, which is a good migration
route, especially for raptors away from Lake Michigan.

Pewaukee Lake has its usual fall raft of several hundred coots loafing near
the village on the east end. Accompanying them were Bufflehead, Redhead,
Ruddy Ducks, Lesser Scaup, Ring-necked Duck, Hooded Mergansers,
Double-crested Cormorants, and a lone Mute Swan.

Good Birding!

Tim Hahn
Pewaukee, WI
Waukesha Cty