Date: 11/3/19 8:25 am
From: Leigh Mcdougal <00000bcaeaecfae3-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [GABO-L] owl in downtown Decatur, Dekalb Co
This morning as it was getting light, I looked out my window at the CVS parking lot in downtown Decatur (W. Ponce and Commerce) and I noticed a bird flying up onto one of the tall parking lot lights in the middle of the parking lot.  I was wondering what would be out there at that time of day so I looked at it with binoculars.  I still couldn't see it very well but it was rotating its head around like an owl and I could see prominent ear tuffs as it moved.  It seemed like a really strange location for any owl but it seemed too slender to be a great horned.  Are longeared owls ever seen in this area on migration?  It flew off into the neighborhood trees before I could try to get a photo.  Possibly it is day roosting in somebodies pine tree nearby?  Leigh McDougal

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>