Date: 11/2/19 7:10 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Bill Drummond
Thanks to Walt Webb for the following post.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>
*

From: "Walt Webb" <wwebb24...>
Subject: Bill Drummond
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 21:31:22 -0400

I am joining the chorus of those who have such fond memories of Bill.
For some reason, the one BBC walk with him I seem to recall was to
Newburyport Cemetery (a trip that also included Plum Island) in May of
1989. Maybe it was the Philadelphia Vireo he pointed out, a new species
for me. Or the many other surprising highlights that day as we walked
with Bill through the cemetery, including eight warblers, a Scarlet
Tanager, Gray-cheeked & Hermit Thrushes, a Broad-winged Hawk, & an
Osprey. His birding talents & sharp personality will be greatly missed!

Walt Webb
Westwood, MA
<wwebb24...>

Join us on Facebook!