Date: 11/2/19 4:51 pm
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Raccoon Ridge (01 Nov 2019) 94 Raptors

Unknown Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 1 1 35

Total: 94 94 4433

Observation start time: 07:45:00
Observation end time: 16:00:00
Total observation time: 8.25 hours

Official Counter: Jim Thomson

Observers: Al Ambler, Brian Butler, Phil Rodriguez, Tom Campbell

Visitors:
Marc Chelemer- Glad you got the GE's !
Bob Dodelson- Sorry I missed you
Harry Quinn- Glad to have you back
From BB- Thanks guys for all of your help today !

Weather:
Temps- 42-52 Deg.F, Wind- W @ 10-15 mph w/gusts to 20+
Visibility- Partly cloudy

Raptor Observations:
BE- 8:08I (3), 8:10A, 8:45A, 9:50A, 10:01I, 10:15A, 10:17I, 10:18A,
10:20I, 10:46I, 10:47A, 11:35I, 12:15A, 1:06A, 1:20A, 1:32I

GE- 12:15A, 12:55A

PG- 3:30A

A "decent" day today but fewer birds than anticipated with the
weather "set up" and today's conditions.
Special thanks to observer Phil Rodriguez and visitor Marc Chelemer
for starting their hikes in by headlamp to get on the ridge by first
light to try to catch any early moving raptors. They had a couple of early
Merlins and an impressive flock of grackles numbering in the hundreds.
Thanks to Brain Butler for conducting the count today.
Per Brian " Many great " Coon " looks today with close birds at
eye level in great light ! Several Sharpies and an adult Redtail at the
owl decoy but the Bird(s) of the Day honors goes to the adult
Bald Eagle and the adult Golden Eagle flying "together" and
occasionally harassing one another as they made their way down the
ridge. Impressive !!
Winds died down after 2:30pm and only 6 birds were tallied in the
last 2 hours.

Non-raptor Observations:
TV's & BV's
Ravens- 12
Grackles- hundreds
Canada geese- hundreds
Report submitted by Jim Thomson (<hawkinflight...>)

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=339

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>
List archives: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=jerseybi