Date: 11/2/19 3:06 pm
From: Aaron Beerman <aaron.beerman...>
Subject: [obol] Yellow-Bellied / Red-naped Sapsucker - Douglas Co.
I stumbled on an intriguing sapsucker behind the Seven Feather truck stop on my way back from Louisiana. Probably immature given the amount fo brown feathers on front and almost zero red on the head. Maybe a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker rather than Red-naped given the large amount of golden color it is retaining, the time of the year, and complete lack of red on the nape or throat. I could not see anything that would lead me to believe that it is hybridized in anyway. I’m always interested in hearing others perspectives though.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S61123744 <https://ebird.org/checklist/S61123744>

Exact location: 42.938232, -123.292307

Cheers,
Aaron B