Date: 11/2/19 1:46 pm
From: John Nelson <jnelson...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Apply Now for 2020 Brookline Bird Club Young Birder Scholarships
The BBC is pleased to announce that we will again offer two
Young Birder Scholarships to nurture interest in bird study and
conservation among young birders. The 2020 scholarships will cover the full
cost ($1395) of the Coastal Maine Bird Studies for Teens program at
National Audubon’s Hog Island camp on June 16-21, 2020. The cost includes
housing, boat travel, and all meals. Scholarship recipients will be
responsible for transportation costs to and from the camp.

Applicants must be New England residents, ages 14-17 as of June
1, 2020, and must submit a written application and two letters of
reference. Preference will be given to applicants with individual or family
BBC memberships. To be considered a member, an applicant may join the club
at the time of application. All nine of our scholarship recipients have had
tremendous adventures at Hog Island. “I truly had an unforgettable
experience at the Hog Island camp,” wrote 2018 recipient Sam Mroz in a
thank-you note to the BBC, “and I would not have been able to attend
without your sponsorship.”

References may be sent separately to the BBC or included with
the young birder’s application, but all completed applications and
references must be received by the BBC by February 15, 2020. Selection and
notification of recipients will be completed by February 29, 2020.

Click on www.brooklinebirdclub.org to go to scholarship announcement on the
BBC home page and then click on the announcement to get links to the
instructions and application form.

John Nelson
Chair, BBC Conservation and Education Committee

Join us on Facebook!