Date: 11/2/19 12:42 pm
From: Anthony Hill <anhinga13...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] second Rufous Hummingbird
Hello,

This morning I visited a private home in Foxboro and banded a
hatching-year female Rufous Hummingbird that had reportedly been present
since early October. This is the second 'western' hummingbird that I
have encountered in our state this year. Details will be reported to the
state records committee.

Another reminder about leaving our (freshly-cleaned) hummingbird feeders
out after our regulars have left. I leave mine out well into November.

I need to emphasize that the location is unfortunately not appropriate
for visitors.

Thanks to Vin Zollo for letting me know about this bird.

Anthony
S. Hadley

Anthony Hill
Certified Trainer, Passerines and Hummingbirds
Co-Chair, Hummingbird Working Group
North American Banding Council (http://www.nabanding.net)
Coordinator, Appledore Island Migration Station

| Préservons l'environnement - Avez-vous réellement besoin d'imprimer ce courriel ? |
| Please consider the environment - Do you really need to print this e-mail? |
| Piense en verde - Antes de imprimir este email hágase la siguiente pregunta, ¿es necesario? |
** BUY TWO duck stamps at the Post Office and conserve habitat **