Date: 11/2/19 7:28 am
From: Barbara Howell <bhowell12...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Bill Drummond
I was sorry to hear the birding world has lost a giant. Bill Drummond was that giant. I met him for the first time on Plum Island, back in the 70s. He invited me to join the Brookline Bird Club that very day. I was fortunate to be able to go on some of his earliest trips to California, Arizona, Texas, Florida etc with many of the old timers, Dick and Dora Hale, Ida, The Oliver twins and the Claytons to name a few. We all had great birding on those trips thanks to Bill. He made sure we all "got on the bird". Bill was a great teacher, both in his math classes and in the field on his days off from school. My deepest sympathy goes to Barbara, another great birding companion with the best ear for bird sounds. The birding world will miss Bill. He was one in a million. Barbara Howell

Join us on Facebook!