Date: 11/2/19 7:13 am
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Eagle visit
Late afternoon I went down to the Shenandoah on my neighbor's property.
Hadn't been all the way to the river since early summer.  It was very
quiet, nothing on the water.  As I was crossing the flood plain meadow
an adult Eagle lifted from one of the sycamores on the river's edge and
flew into the nest sycamore.  The sliver of moon behind him made for a
lovely and peaceful picture.   A YB Sapsucker, Red-headed Woodpecker and
Flicker also showed themselves.

Yesterday morning while walking my dog I heard one and saw a pair of
Pileated Woodpeckers.  Looking forward to seeing them at my suet again.
The numbers of Goldfinches has really increased.  The only bird outside
the usual suspects are one or more Ruby-crowned Kinglets.  One was right
outside the window pulling at the aster seeds.  It is nice to see how
many birds the "messy" flowerbeds support.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!