Date: 11/2/19 1:26 am
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Southern Chester County Hawk Watch at Bucktoe Creek Preserve (01 Nov 2019) 223 Raptors

Unknown Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 0 0 0

Total: 223 223 3351

Observation start time: 06:00:00
Observation end time: 14:00:00
Total observation time: 8 hours

Official Counter: Larry Lewis

Observers: Dave Luning, Kelley Nunn, Rick Robinson

Visitors:
CREEK PRESERVE
<BR><BR>
Visitors (4): Rick Robinson, Dave Luning, Kelley Nunn
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>

Weather:
<BR><BR>
Weather:
Sunny (0-10% cloud cover), Ceiling -- 30,000 ft., Visibility - 10 miles,
Temps 42 - 55F, Winds WNW @ 15 - 20 mph.
<BR><BR>

Raptor Observations:
----“Raptors” seen, but deemed not to be migrating: 6-Red-tailed Hawk,
and numerous Black (54) and Turkey Vultures (60).
<BR><BR>
----Bald Eagle ages: 1 yr.-2; 2 yr.-_; 3 yr.-_; 4 yr.-_; adult-7
<BR><BR>

Non-raptor Observations:
TODAY’S Bucktoe Bird Blog [‘BBB’]: [PLEASE NOTE: On October 31,
I sent out the new large weekly “blog” and hotline in my new format - a
newsletter. This is NOT THESE reports you get from HawkCount. Rather,
it’s the newsletter from EBNT, with our upcoming schedule and the County
year bird list, etc. If you aren’t receiving it and are a regular
subscriber, look in your spam – a few servers send it there. [go
figure-lol] If you enjoy “the blog,” featuring the county species
list, and it ended up in your spam, you’ll have to follow your
provider’s method of “whitelisting” it, marking it as “not spam”
or it will always go there. It usually comes out every Thursday.
<BR><BR>
November came in upon very strong winds from the northwest; it was already
cold. Conditions looked great to see movement of hawks, and our hoped for
first Golden Eagle of the season.
<BR><BR>
I got to spend the day with a good friend. Rick was out, as was Dave. We
all shared stories and laughs as we scoured the deep blue sky. A few
background clouds began to fill in, helping to find the hawks. Kelley
arrived and added her keen eyes in the effort. We saw some buteos, but
movement was less than expected and we DID NOT see our first Golden Eagle,
leaving that exciting event for another day.
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>
----ADDITIONAL BIRD HIGHLIGHTS:
<BR><BR>
Common Loon, Double-crested Cormorant, Eastern Phoebe, COMMON RAVEN, Tree
Swallows, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, American Pipit, White-crowned Sparrows,
Palm Warblers, and Yellow-rumped Warblers
<BR><BR>
----OTHER WILDLIFE NOTED: Butterflies (1): Clouded Sulphur. Dragonflies
(0). Reptiles & Amphibians (0). Mammals (2): Eastern Cottontail, Eastern
Gray Squirrel.
<BR><BR>
numbers at the site for today (join me, if you wish): Miles: 6..48;
Steps: 15,199; Floors: 28.
<BR><BR>
that.
<BR><BR>
TOTAL SPECIES – Identified from watch site: today: 46; this season:
132
<BR><BR>
NEW SPECIES ADDED TODAY TO THIS YEAR’S “WATCH SPECIES LIST (0):”
none.
<BR><BR>

Predictions:
Tomorrow’s flight looks sunny and cold, but with light and variable
winds. Not as good as today seemed it was gonna be, but who knows?
<BR><BR>
for the “Nighthawk Watch.”

Site Description:
High open meadow near Red Clay Creek