Date: 11/1/19 8:26 pm
From: Marge . <marvantassel...>
Subject: A "raptor kind of morning/day" in Armstrong County
18 Turkey Vultures were beginning to gather into a kettle near Myers Pickle
Farm on Route 66 as I was driving up to Crooked Creek Lake/Dam where
1 Cooper's Hawk perched at Crooked Creek and
2-3 FOY Dark-eyed Juncos were among some smaller birds along with
1 Common Raven of the pair croaking
I then drove to Ford City to check on the Bald Eagle nest there where
2 adults were on the tree (photos) and as I was watching them
2 immatures (one close to subadult plumage) were flying over the river and
playing (close to locking talons at one point)
2 Turkey Vultures and 2 Red-tail Hawks were flying over fields on Anderson
Creek Road off of 66/near Spaces Corners/Rural Valley, and
3 Bald Eagles (1 adult and 2 immatures) were at Crooked Creek
1 American Kestrel posed nicely on a wire near Myers Pickle Farm on 66 on
the drive home.
Marge Van Tassel
Armstrong County

Join us on Facebook!