Date: 11/1/19 6:54 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Sad news about Bill
Thanks to Sandy Selesky for the following post.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

*

From: Sandy <sandyselesky...>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 10:56:20 -0400
Subject: Sad news about Bill

My condolences Barbara. Bill was such a kind and passionate man who, as
you said, loved birds so deeply. My first and only birding trip was in
1990 to Costa Rica with you and Bill. Barbara Volkle was my roommate!
(All my other trips have been bird photography trips since then ). Most
memorable was when we got to visit and meet Alexander Skutch at his home
-author of the guidebook to the Birds of Costa Rica. Bill was so
enthusiastic about every bird we saw and as always, wanted to make sure
everyone got to see each one and would ask us what our favorite
sightings were at the end of the trip. Mine of course was the bird I
came to see - the Resplendent Quetzal!
May the birds follow Bill's spirit everywhere!

Sandy <sandyselesky...>
Westford MA

Join us on Facebook!