Date: 11/1/19 6:50 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Halloween surprise
Thanks to Sandy Selesky for the following post.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

*

From: Sandy <sandyselesky...>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 10:40:56 -0400
Subject: Halloween surprise

I was talking to 2 neighbors after giving out candy to a group of kids
in my condo community around 6:15 last night. It was dark out but my
outside light as well as my neighbor's outside light was on and our
doors were open facing each other. I was standing in front of my door
when all of a sudden a tiny bird flew down and landed just in front of
my feet for a few seconds. It was a Carolina Wren!! I was so surprised
to see any bird still flying around after dark. Did it also come for a
treat? (Perhaps attracted to the moths still coming to our front
lights). It looked up at me staring down at it and took off again. What
a nice Halloween surprise!

Sandy Selesky Westford, MA
<sandyselesky...>

Join us on Facebook!