Date: 11/1/19 4:04 pm
From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber...>
Subject: [wisb] Horned Larks ~ Lakeshore State Park MKE Co. 11/1/19, some images...
Hi all,
While birding Lakeshore State Park in Milwaukee the highlight of the walk
were two Horned Larks feeding on seeds in the grass in the snow. On one
occasion I saw one eat an insect, so they are not strictly seed eaters.
They pulled seeds off of plants and ate nicely while I watched from a
distance until a jogger not knowingly flush them off a ways. It was partly
cloudy, low winds and temps around 30 degrees, a pleasant day.

A few images of the Horned Larks from the day at the link below if you care
to view them:

*http://www.windowtowildlife.com/horned-larks-at-lakeshore-state-park-in-milwaukee-wisconsin-on-november-1-2019/
<http://www.windowtowildlife.com/horned-larks-at-lakeshore-state-park-in-milwaukee-wisconsin-on-november-1-2019/>*

Thanks and good birding,