Date: 11/1/19 3:30 pm
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Homewood’s Coop Roost tree – Eastern Red Cedar, Winslow Township, Camden County
HT have been providing fantastic updates on his late season Ruby-throated Hummingbirds at his home-yard. We are following your photos and your words, Harvey !!

Me ? I have planted several hundred eastern red cedars around my yard over the past 9 years. Tonight is the second time (about 6:10PM) I saw a coop fly into an eastern red cedar to root for the night at side yard. BTW, this is an older cedar tree on the property where my birding goal was to expand and eventually create a hedge row of cedar trees in various age classification.

Last time I saw a coop fly into the same cedar was about two weeks ago so can I assume tonight’s coop is a new arrival ? One observation in common. This cedar faces directly to the east and very early morning sunshine is almost guaranteed.

Certain observation that may be related to this lame owl finder for the upcoming winter roosting owls in NJ?

Yong Kong
Camden County

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>