Date: 11/1/19 12:56 pm
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Rose Tree Park (01 Nov 2019) Raptors

Unknown Buteo 0 0 10
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Falcon 0 0 4
Unknown Raptor 0 0 12

Total: 0 0 1481

Observation start time: 09:00:00
Observation end time: 13:00:00
Total observation time: 4 hours

Official Counter: Bob Kelly, Dave Eberly

Observers: Bob Kelly, Dave Eberly, Mike Cosgrove

Weather:
A cold front overnight brought strong winds and rain which cleared the
unseasonably warm misty weather we experienced over the past 3 days.
Temperatures in the 70s yesterday were only 50 today with moderate to
strong NW winds and clear skies. However residual wind and rain to our
north may have slowed migration.

Raptor Observations:
Despite the change in the weather we had our 4th consecutive day with no
migrating raptors observed.

2 red-tailed hawks and a juvenile red-shouldered hawk plus a few vultures
of both species were seen but were not apparently migrating.

Non-raptor Observations:
a large skein of at least 100 Canada Geese were observed flying high and
SW.

Predictions:
The winds should die down. Overnight lows in the mid 30s.
Areas of frost before 11am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 53. Light
and variable wind.
Might be a decent day for migrants.
Report submitted by David Eberly (<david.eberly...>)
Rose Tree Park information may be found at:
www.rtphawkwatch.org

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=105

Join us on Facebook!