Date: 11/1/19 10:59 am
From: Deb Hale <debhale72...>
Subject: Bald eagles, Bolivar Heights back field
Out for an early afternoon run. Pips from above made me stop to look up.
I found two immature eagles flying, chasing each other, calling playfully.
I stood and watched them as they turned to circle. They both appeared
uniformly dark until they caught the sun's rays and their differences
became apparent. One had a fair amount of white underneath (with the look
of an osprey) - probably second year? The other was slightly mottled white
with a changing-to-white head and bands on his tail - perhaps third year
bird? I imagined they were siblings, one generation removed. And then - it
wasn't long - I noticed another large bird above them. Another bald eagle!
Much like the second, with the mottled look and thick tail bands. And
shortly afterwards, at mid-level in the same sky, two more eagles appeared,
both adults. All five eagles circled together at differing levels,
climbing, and in the next five minutes exited the sky due west southwest.

Deb Hale
Harpers Ferry/Bolivar

Join us on Facebook!