Date: 11/1/19 10:17 am
From: Charlie Nims <charlie.nims...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Bill Drummond memories
Since I moved to NH over 6 years ago, I have not posted much on Massbird but am moved to today by the news of Bill’s passing.

While Massachusetts has been and continues to be home to some incredible birders and ornithologists, my sense is that Bill Drummond had as much if not more impact than anyone on the Mass. beginning and intermediate birding community. Although he led many local trips, his destination trips were the ones I remember so fondly, from Texas to California to Alaska and many locations in between which introduced so many of us to the wonders of birding away from New England. I can still hear the echoes his sayings such as “if it’s the last thing in the world, get on that bird” or “aliens” when a vehicle would start passing our convoy. He carried his career as a teacher into birding, always trying to help people ID and get on birds.

Bill will be missed but not forgotten by the birding community.

Charlie Nims
Bartlett, NH
<charlie.nims...>

Join us on Facebook!