Date: 11/1/19 12:21 am
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Southern Chester County Hawk Watch at Bucktoe Creek Preserve (31 Oct 2019) 9 Raptors

CREEK PRESERVE
<BR><BR>
Visitors (1): Just me in this weather.
<BR><BR>

Weather:
<BR><BR>
Weather:
Cloudy w/Rain (100% cloud cover), Ceiling -- 200-1,700 ft., Visibility -
10-9 miles, Temps 64 - 73F, Winds SSE @ 10 - 15 mph.
<BR><BR>

Raptor Observations:
----“Raptors” seen, but deemed not to be migrating: 1-Red-shouldered
Hawk, 1-Red-tailed Hawk, and numerous Black (7) and Turkey Vultures (20).

<BR><BR>

Non-raptor Observations:
TODAY’S Bucktoe Bird Blog [‘BBB’]: [PLEASE NOTE: On October 31,
I sent out the new large weekly “blog” and hotline in my new format - a
newsletter. This is NOT THESE reports you get from HawkCount. Rather,
it’s the newsletter from EBNT, with our upcoming schedule and the County
year bird list, etc. If you aren’t receiving it and are a regular
subscriber, look in your spam – a few servers send it there. [go
figure-lol] If you enjoy “the blog,” featuring the county species
list, and it ended up in your spam, you’ll have to follow your
provider’s method of “whitelisting” it, marking it as “not spam”
or it will always go there. It usually comes out every Thursday.
<BR><BR>
Trick or Treat, what will it be? Well, if you consider having a lengthy
shower a desirable thing, then you were in store for a treat today at
Bucktoe. It RAINED, big-time! For most of us though, it was a trick, this
rain. On the “treat side” of the ledger were Sharp-shinned Hawks,
Cooper’s Hawks, Red-shouldered Hawk, and Ruby-crowned Kinglets, a large
flock of Cedar Waxwings, White - crowned Sparrows, Palm Warblers, and
Yellow-rumped Warblers. Nobody joined me today and I can’t blame
them!
<BR><BR>
In the rain afterwards and on the way to my friend Jerry’s home, I
stopped at Marsh Creek Lake to write and look for the hoped for scoters.
There were none of these “ocean ducks,” but I did see Double-crested
Cormorants, Belted Kingfisher, and Pied-billed Grebe.
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>
----ADDITIONAL BIRD HIGHLIGHTS:
<BR><BR>
Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Cedar Waxwings, White-crowned Sparrows, Palm
Warblers, and Yellow-rumped Warblers.
<BR><BR>
----OTHER WILDLIFE NOTED: Butterflies (0). Dragonflies (0). Reptiles &
Amphibians (0). Mammals (4): Eastern Cottontail, Eastern Gray Squirrel,
Woodchuck, Red Squirrel.
<BR><BR>
numbers at the site for today (join me, if you wish): Miles: 1.75; Steps:
4,095; Floors: 6.
<BR><BR>
that.
<BR><BR>
TOTAL SPECIES – Identified from watch site: today: 35; this season:
132
<BR><BR>
NEW SPECIES ADDED TODAY TO THIS YEAR’S “WATCH SPECIES LIST (0):”
none.
<BR><BR>

Predictions:
Tomorrow’s flight looks fantastic! Partly cloudy with strong NW winds.
Anyone feel a Golden Eagle coming on?
<BR><BR>
for the “Nighthawk Watch.”

Site Description: