Date: 10/31/19 3:40 pm
From: Steve Nord <stevernord...>
Subject: [obol] Fernhill Wetlands today
OBOL;

I've birded Fernhill Wetlands the past 3 days, and each day has
produced different birds, Today being the warmest of the 3 days, and the
most productive for fun species:

The visit began with a calling TRUMPETER SWAN flying over the parking lot
and eventually landing in the SE Mitigation pond.

On the main pond, a female RED-BREASTED MERGANSER continues, along with
some COMMON MERGANSER.

I had 2 NORTHERN SHRIKE, a very brown immature bird along Fernhill Road,
and a more adult looking grayer bird near the "eagle trees", east side of
Cattail Marsh.

I had 2 SWAMP SPARROWS. One in the SE corner of Cattail Marsh, same
location I had one a week or so ago. Another calling SWAMP SPARROW was in
the NW corner of Eagle Perch Pond.

The pond is covered with thousands of CACKLING GEESE and NORTHERN PINTAIL.
Assortment of other waterfowl species, including a male EURASIAN WIGEON.

Good Birding
Steve Nord
Beaverton, OR

Join us on Facebook!