Date: 10/31/19 3:16 pm
From: Gerard Lillie <gerardlillie...>
Subject: [obol] Best garden/yard bird
We have lived on Mt. Tabor since 1983 and our neighborhood is like a mini-Mt. Tabor Park with lots of mature Big Leaf Maples, Doug Firs and all the rest of the typical lush neighborhood plants. My best yard bird is Oregon's 5th record of Canada Warbler. Our yard has yielded many other "good" birds over the years: two different winter Pine Grosbeaks (different years, that is), 5 species of owls( W. Screech, Great Horned, Barn, N. Saw-whet, N. Pygmy. Throw in Barred, Short-eared and Snowy- yes Snowy! from the park and I have 8 owl species for Mt. Tabor!), a signing late spring Cassin's Finch, a flock of Evening Grosbeaks at the feeder with Black-headed Grosbeaks, Red Crossbills at the feeder, Mt. Tabor's first Dusky Flycatcher. There have been many other good birds over the years but that is what has popped into my mind. It just shows that if you live in a great birding location long enough a lot of birds show up over the years.

Good birding,

Gerard Lillie
Portland, OR

Join us on Facebook!