Date: 10/31/19 9:50 am
From: Karl Schneck <keschneckdds...>
Subject: [obol] Re: What's your best garden bird?
Atowhee, you will like this one: California Towhee
Not the best song or plumage, but I really enjoy them... their territory is
about 5 acres so you will only see 2 or less in a single location (maybe
more if you are standing on the border of 2 territories or when they have
young). I have a pair in my yard now and they bred last year. The two of
them are almost always together foraging in our yard.
Karl Schneck
Ashland, Oregon
"As age comes on, one source of enjoyment after another is closed, but
nature's sources never fail." John Muir

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 11:03 PM Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis...> wrote:

> I don't have an actual garden, but as far as "yard birds" go, the best at
> my current location was probably a Blackpoll Warbler that flitted through a
> cherry tree right next to our apartment on Witham Hill in Corvallis last
> October. And I can offer a flyover Swainson's Hawk for our previous place
> in the heart of Corvallis ... you just never know what might show up in
> your neighborhood!
>
> Happy garden birding
>
> Hendrik

> Hendrik G. Herlyn
> Corvallis, OR
>

> *"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home." -- Gary Snyder*

Join us on Facebook!