Date: 10/31/19 9:34 am
From: Anne Duston <aeduston...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Subject: What's your best garden bird?
I'd have to say Red-breasted Sapsucker, as they are pretty rare in my
neighborhood. But I will also agree with Harry - a flock of Evening
Grosbeaks mobbing the feeders is a real treat, likewise fairly rare. And
the occasional appearance of a Cooper's Hawk is a majestic sight.

Anne D.

directly north Powell Butte about 2 miles

> Msg: #22 in digest From: Harry Fuller <atowhee...> Date: Wed,
> 30 Oct 2019 17:10:25 -0700 Subject: [obol] What's your best garden
> bird? For me it's been Evening Grosbeaks. For one of my birding
> friends it's a tough choice. Just this past week he has images of both
> Mountain Quail and screech-owl at his home in Ashland. I love owls,
> but I think I'd have to go with the quail just because they can be so
> easily heard in spring, damned difficult to photograph any time.
> atowhee.blog/2019/10/30/lee-frenchs-field-of-dreams/
> -- Harry Fuller author of: *San Francisco's Natural History: Sand
> Dunes to Streetcars:* https://ecowise.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/sfnh/
> author of *Great Gray Owls of CA-OR-WA*:
> https://ecowise.wordpress.com/2015/05/08/the-great-gray-owl-book/
> author of *Freeway Birding*: *freewaybirding.com
> <http://freewaybirding.com>* birding website: http://www.towhee.net my
> birding blog: atowhee.wordpress.com

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>