Date: 10/31/19 9:06 am
From: Frank B. Isaacs <fbisaacs...>
Subject: [obol] Re: What's your best garden bird?
One spring day, while I was digging a garden bed near Wren, Oregon, one of the local nesting crows began alarm calls and flew from its sentinel perch in top of a prominent Douglas-fir. The crow went out of view behind foreground trees that blocked my view to the south. I kept watching that direction because of continued alarm calls. Then, a subadult golden eagle flew out from behind the foreground trees with the crow in pursuit. Both went out of view heading north. That is the only golden eagle I have seen in 14 years from our property near Wren, Oregon.

Frank

“Even the worst field notes are better than the best memory.” - Sergej Postupalsky

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!