Date: 10/31/19 6:19 am
From: <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] Re: What's your best garden bird?
Sticking with the "vegetable garden" sense of the word "garden" here:

Oour best garden bird was the Killdeer that decided to nest right in one of our rows of vegetables. We had to skip weeding that row for a couple of weeks, but the nest succeeded.

Our worst garden bird is the Steller's Jay that figures out the spacing on the peas or corn kernels that we planted, and goes right down the row like a greedy sewing machine, eating every single one and leaving a neat row of evenly spaced holes behind it.

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis

Join us on Facebook!