Date: 10/30/19 5:57 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Next Oregon Bird - fun survey
It’s time for the Occasional Survey of Oregon Birders (O-SOB, for the rarities we miss). We last predicted the next bird for the Oregon list in 2017. Since 2016 Oregon has added:

2017: Eurasian Skylark

2018: Zone-tailed Hawk, Nazca Booby, Eastern Bluebird

2019: Red-footed Booby, Dusky Thrush (so far)

Here’s how you vote. Give a “5” to the MOST likely bird to next be found in Oregon from the list below (You can add a species if you want to). Give a “4” to the next most likely, down to “1”. You get only those five weighted votes. No funky numbers or duplicate numbers.

Send me your votes by November 15 and I’ll tally and post the results. Feel free to include your reasons and I’ll post a selection.

Let me know if I have included something on this list for which the OBRC has either (a) accepted a record or (b) has a record in circulation. As far as I know it’s clean for accepted records, but I could have missed something.

Aleutian Tern

Am Purple Gallinule

Am. Oystercatcher

Arctic Warbler

Baird's Sparrow

BB Cuckoo

Bendire's Thrasher

Black Vulture

Black-tailed Gull

Bluethroat

Boreal Chickadee

Brown Shrike

Brown-crested Fly

Bulwer's Petrel

Cave Swallow

Cerulean Warbler

Common Greenshank

Common Pochard

Common Rosefinch.

Connecticut Warbler

Craveri's Murrelet

Crested Auklet

Dusky Warbler

E Spot-billed Duck

Eurasian Kestrel

Far Eastern Curlew

Field Sparrow

Fieldfare

Grace's Warbler

Gray Wagtail

Gray-tailed Tattler

Great BB Gull

Great-winged Petrel

Greater Pewee

Gull-billed Tern

Hepatic Tanager

Inca Dove

Ivory Gull

Kittlitz's Murrelet

Least Auklet

Least Storm-Petrel

Lesser Frigatebird

Little Curlew

Mexican Violetear

Mississippi Kite

Nelson's Sparrow

Neotropic Cormorant

Northern Hobby

Oriental Greenfinch

Parkinson's Petrel

Red-faced Warbler

Red-tailed Tropicbird

Reddish Egret

Redwing

Rivoli's Hummer

Royal Tern

Rufous-crowned Sp

Sandwich Tern

Siberian Accentor

Sulphur-b Flycatcher

Temminck's Stint

Terek Sandpiper

Thick-billed Kingbird

Waved Albatross

White-chinned Petrel

White-winged Tern

Winter Wren

Wood Stork

Xantus's Hummingbird

Yellow-bellied Fly

Yellow-billed Magpie

Yellow-green Vireo

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com

Attending Christmas Bird Counts with good weather forecasts.

Join us on Facebook!