Date: 10/30/19 5:13 pm
From: Pamela Fisher <000000233af33264-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Merlin, Dowitchers, Lebanon county
I stopped by the ponds at Prescott and Fox roads this afternoon. I had heard that there was a Long-billed Dowitcher there. I quickly found some shorebirds, and started looking through them. I found two Dowitchers, unfortunately, I don't think I'm good enough to differentiate them by sight. I also had a Greater Yellowlegs, a Lesser Yellowlegs, and about 9 Killdeer. I noticed that one of the Dowitchers had an injury on its right side. It looked as if the lower part of its wing was missing, along with some feathers on its side. While trying to figure out which species I was looking at, a Merlin strafed them, and the other birds twice. The second time, everything but the injured Dowitcher and the Killdeer flew away. When the Dowitcher left, it gave a kek call.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Join us on Facebook!