Date: 10/30/19 11:42 am
From: Mark Rosenstein <mar...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Danehy Park, Cambridge, Oct 30, 2019
Today was the last of this fall's Danehy walks, co-led by myself and
Karsten Hartel. Ten people joined us today, where we saw 8 different
sparrow species, a Nashville Warbler, a Merlin, and a Hermit Thrush.

Some of my photos from this morning can be seen on my iNaturalist
observations at
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?user_id=maractwin&on=2019-10-30&place_id=any&verifiable=any

-Mark Rosenstein
<mar...>
Cambridge, MA

Danehy Park, Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts, US
Oct 30, 2019 7:27 AM - 9:18 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.036 mile(s)
31 species

Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) 12
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) (Columba livia (Feral Pigeon)) 7
Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura) 2
Herring Gull (Larus argentatus) 3
Double-crested Cormorant (Phalacrocorax auritus) 17
Cooper's Hawk (Accipiter cooperii) 1
Downy Woodpecker (Dryobates pubescens) 2
Northern Flicker (Colaptes auratus) 1
Merlin (Falco columbarius) 1
Peregrine Falcon (Falco peregrinus) 1
Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata) 2
American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos) 2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (Regulus calendula) 2
European Starling (Sturnus vulgaris) 5
Northern Mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos) 1
Hermit Thrush (Catharus guttatus) 1
American Robin (Turdus migratorius) 16
House Sparrow (Passer domesticus) 2
House Finch (Haemorhous mexicanus) 6
Chipping Sparrow (Spizella passerina) 1
Field Sparrow (Spizella pusilla) 2
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis) 7
White-throated Sparrow (Zonotrichia albicollis) 4
Savannah Sparrow (Passerculus sandwichensis) 4
Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia) 6
Lincoln's Sparrow (Melospiza lincolnii) 1
Swamp Sparrow (Melospiza georgiana) 3
Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus) 14
Common Grackle (Quiscalus quiscula) 130
Nashville Warbler (Leiothlypis ruficapilla) 1
Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) 5

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S61040644