Date: 10/30/19 10:30 am
From: Dave Leibert <xdave...>
Subject: Canada Geese @ Green Pond , Northampton County
Howdy all,

I did a drive by of the new Green pond area yesterday after hanging out
at Starbucks.

The new retention pond is filled with water and it looks like the bottom
isn't level so one side has a mud flat area. There were hundreds of
Canada geese in this new retention pond . There were geese in the actual
big pond as well.

While listings of CG aren't too exciting at least some feathered friends
are utilizing this spot again. I know they will land in a puddle on the
side of the road but I'm feeling a little encouraged here after the
development . Perhaps the ecosystem in the retention pond will evolve
and wading birds will be attracted to it in the future.

I get the feeling that intersection by the pond is going to be changed .
There is already a lot of traffic there for a country road and with all
of the new housing there will likely be more traffic.

Happy birding,
Dave

Join us on Facebook!