Date: 10/30/19 10:07 am
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, etc.
A couple of days ago I saw a lovely female Yellow-bellied Sapsucker on
my neighbor's tree.  Hadn't seen one for a while.

The ground birdbath is really getting a workout, to the point where I
have to go out and add water.  Tons of Chipping Sparrows and some House
and Goldfinches in addition to the Bluebirds and an occasional group of
Robins.  Just saw a Yellow-rumped Warbler there as well.  He had the
non-breeding plumage but still had the yellow on top of his head.
Confused me for a minute.   Earlier Ruby-crowned Kinglets were foraging
in the Norway spruce and a Phoebe also made an appearance.

A Sharpie was also cruising over the road this morning when I walked my
dog.  The sleek shape looked great against the gray sky.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!