Date: 10/30/19 8:00 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Curry Birds of Late
I birded with Terry Wahl on Sunday. We birded on the McKenzie ranch west of
Langlois, Curry with permission from the owner. Not to many unusual birds-
siskins everywhere though. Highlights were a couple LAPLAND LONGSPURS (I
expected many more), only one PALM WARBLER and maybe a hundred pipits. It
has been real dry and numbers were low. Rick McKenzie said most of the
Aleutian Cacklers left the weekend before this past one- he had up to
10,000 geese but now there are only a few hundred.

Right after I left Terry found an empid at his barn on their ranch. He took
a little video and is going to eventually send it to me. Western Fly is
probably the most common late empid but he did have a Dusky Fly overwinter
at their barn area last winter, so not sure on ID until I see the video.

Terry also reported three (!) ROUGH-LEGGED HAWKS in the fields at Denmark
on Monday which is just south of Langlois.

Happy Halloween!
Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!