Date: 10/29/19 5:45 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Pacific-slope Flycatcher
Thanks to George Gove and Judy Gordon for passing along this report.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
barb620theworld.com

*

Tue, 29 Oct 2019 18:50:56 -0400
<gwgove...>
Pacific-slope Flycatcher

Judy and drove to Hadley with some trepidation because it was misting
here. The weather out there was high clouds, no mist, and warm. We got
to the stakeout site about 1 p.m., parked in the little lot, and walked
down the path to the river and then took the sharp left into the area
where the bird had been seen previously. After scrambling over several
downed trees, we saw three other people ahead of us looking into the
trees. When we reached the three gentlemen, they said they had heard the
Pacific-slope Flycatcher. Almost immediately, Judy heard it and pointed
to the area from where the call was coming. We looked up into the area
and saw the bird about 8 meters up in front of a V in the tree made by
two large trunks. This was at about 1:45 p.m. and was in the direction
of Rt 47 from the path but not far from the path.

The bird sat there for 5 to 10 minutes calling and turning. All five of
us got fantastic looks and some of us got great photos.

Eventually the bird flew off into the trees but it could still be heard
calling.

Pictures at 11. https://pbase.com/gwgove/image/169966709

George Gove & Judy Gordon
Marlboro