Date: 10/29/19 5:40 pm
From: 'George Jett' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Codes and Views and "views"
RickI don’t agree. Once Yellow-bellied Sapsucker is defined as YBSA it should be understood.  No need not use legitimate  banner codes after that.  For me it reduces the potential for typos.CheersGeorge

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
On Tuesday, October 29, 2019, Warblerick <ricksussman1955...> wrote:

Oh, fiddle-dee-dee and folderol. Stop bickering like children. The "rules" here are to use the full common names of birds, no acronyms or band codes. So that means no BB or BE, no matter how obvious it may seem to you (but not to anyone else). We go through this stupid fight about every six months on here. If it were up to me, the band codes would be fine, as they're easy enough to learn, and most birders know them, but it's not. Just use the common names, please!
Rick Sussman
Woodbine MD