Date: 10/29/19 5:28 pm
From: Janet Millenson <janet...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: "Butterbutt"
Speaking of Butterbutts...

Many years ago, I went on a 12-day Sierra Club trip to a fairly remote
mountain area in California. When several members of our group decided
to skinny-dip in one of the lakes, I sat on shore (fully covered up
against the mosquitoes and UV rays) scanning the trees my binoculars. My
exclamation of "Look, a Yellow-rump!" was met with laughter, because the
others assumed I was referring to one of the swimmers.

Janet Millenson
Potomac, MD (Montgomery County)
<janet...>