Date: 10/29/19 2:54 pm
From: 'George Jett' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Codes and Views and "views"
I am with Tyler also.  And I don’t like Hemingway.George

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
On Tuesday, October 29, 2019, Rick Borchelt <rborchelt...> wrote:

I this case I'm with Tyler; I was confused too trying to imagine butterbutts crowding into birdhouses.  I think the operative rule for all kinds of communication like this should be, if there is a chance it can be misinterpreted, it will be, and clarity is our best defense against miscommunication.
On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 4:06 PM JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...> wrote:

On 10/29/19, 'James Tyler Bell' via Maryland & DC Birding
<mdbirding...> wrote:
> As with any acronym, if you don't define it first, then you shouldn't use
> it, which I believe is standard on this list for banding codes. BB and BE
> aren't codes at all since they're just something that you use. And since the
> topic was butterbutts, it was even less clear that BB meant bluebird.

Tyler lighten up!

If this had been a profound rarity, there would have been cause for
your inflexible attitude, but that was not the case here!

There are few enough posts coming to MD Birding anymore as it is and
if people perceive that every word of a text is going to be critically
scrutinized they may well decide not to bother.

I can accept that you might have been confused initially, but i doubt
it.  I think you were just looking for an excuse to add the text that
you have now done.  What did you really accomplish by doing so?

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County
WA Co. MOS member
C&O count coordinator

Rick Borchelt
College Park, MD
preferred personal email:  rborchelt |AT| gmail |DOT| com

http://leplog.wordpress.com