Date: 10/29/19 8:50 am
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Codes and Views
Codes

On Monday, October 28, 2019, 2:20:30 PM EDT, JAMES SPEICHER wrote:
> I had a BB pair checking out my House Wren bird box this morning. I
> thought Spring was the peak season for house hunting...

On 10/28/19, 'James Tyler Bell' via Maryland & DC Birding
<mdbirding...> wrote:
> What is a BB?

Bluebirds, thought that would have been obvious given the context
[birds checking out House Wren nest box] & Pat's message mentioning
Bluebirds, apologize if not.

I don't use "codes" 99.999% of the time, but when i do i also use the
full name. I do have some eccentric abbrev that i will sometimes use,
e.g. BB for Bluebirds is what i would use in field notes during counts
as well as BE for Bald Eagle. Those sometimes make it into Maryland &
DC Birding when the usage would seem to me not to pose a puzzle.

Jared replied off list to my query on this topic:
It's just views to that post on the website. Not email views. Last I
checked it [membership] was about 1600, not everyone is signed up to
receive emails.

Read my original post that Jared replied to at
[http://digest.sialia.com/?rm=message;id=1560451].

Jim S