Date: 10/29/19 7:04 am
From: Herb and Sarah Myers <hesemyers...>
Subject: Birds
Yesterday, we took a hike on the Splashdam Trail's middle section along the
Blackwater River. As we neared the bridge to the parking area, a Ruffed
Grouse flew across the road in front of our car. It is always great to see
one with their population declining.

As we headed for the trail, an adult Bald Eagle flew downstream. We spoke
to some fisherwomen who said they see them fairly frequently and have seen
one catch a fish.

This morning on our walk, we were surprised to see three Eastern Bluebirds
congregated on the roof and entrance to the nest box. We wondered if they
slept in there last night? I have read that they do that to keep warm and
safe.

Aren't birding surprises always wonderful? Herb Myers, Harman, Randolph
County - also reporting from Tucker County

Join us on Facebook!