Date: 10/28/19 9:35 pm
From: <philliplc...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Oregon Rare Bird Alert format change is GREAT!
The address of the link doesn't change so not sure whatthe point would
be in sending it out every day. I have itbookmarked so I can check it
obsessively.
The main advantage of the daily digest format is in the easily scanned
summary at the top which compressesmultiple reports of a species,
which can sometimesbe numerous, into one line. The link page
necessitatesscrolling through each individual report to make sureyou
see all the species. I can definitely see the appealof the summary for
most people.
The link page does have the convenience of a "details"button for each
report (and a "show all details" buttonat the top) which allows
viewing any photos attached toa report without having to view the full
checklist. Reports are also added to the list within minutes ofbeing
submitted so it is always up to date.
Phil

(Redacted sender "uuspirit" for"