Date: 10/28/19 6:47 pm
From: <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Alternative to OBOL digest mode
Hi all,

I appreciate the tips from Diana Byrne and Ed McVicker. However my own use of OBOL digests doesn't work well with these suggestions.

I use the OBOL digests mainly to glean and then forward items that might be of interest to mid-Willamette Valley observers.

I'm aware of the options that I can use to check OBOL for my own purposes, but for community communications I rely mainly on the OBOL digests. I can get up early in the morning, and with my first cup of coffee, easily forward any OBOL postings that might be of interest for local birders and birdwatchers.

This is no doubt a minority view. If I'm the only one who has problems dealing with cluttered digests, no problem -- I can deal with it.

But recent postings suggest that I'm not the only one. There are some simple steps that posters can use to mitigate the problem (e.g., trim your threads, and definitely don't copy the whole digest when you post). Seems like those should be the first steps to work on.

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis

Join us on Facebook!