Date: 10/28/19 6:48 pm
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Allegheny Front (28 Oct 2019) 279 Raptors

UF 0 5 12
UE 0 1 1
UR 0 17 64

Total: 279 2630 19673

Observation start time: 09:00:00
Observation end time: 17:15:00
Total observation time: 8.25 hours

Official Counter: Deb Bodenschatz

Observers: Dave Poder, Janet Kuehl, Jim Rocco, Joe Sabo, Nancy Ott,
Sandy Cline, Tom Kuehl, Tom & Janet Kuehl

Visitors:
Dick Lohr, Joe Sabo, Joe Dumen, Jeff HanTaman, Tom & Carla Heckman, Tom &
Janet Kuehl, Jim Rocco, Dave Poder, Nancy Ott, Sandy Cline, Nancy Ott, Lee
Fisher, Craig Jones, Bill & Audrey Chambers, Robert, Rob & Theresa

Weather:
Sunny clear skies with some fog and haziness in the valley for the first
couple hours. Light to moderate E/ESE wind and a high temperature of 15.8
C.

Raptor Observations:
A fairly busy day which included Red-shouldered, Cooper’s, Northern
Harrier, Kestrel, Peregrine, and large numbers os Sharp-shinned and
Red-tailed Hawks. We also had 2 Bald Eagles Adult 1:26 and sub-adult 1:45
and 9 Golden Eagles. Adult 2:03, 4:20, 4:29, Sub-adult 1:30, 1:54, 2:25,
2:32, 3:15, Juvenile 12:48. We also had a Bald Eagle adult heading north
early in the morning. Almost all the raptors were beautiful looks either
overhead or just off of the escarpment on the East.

Non-raptor Observations:
A large number of Blue Jays, flicks of Robins and Cedar Waxwings as well as
24 Ravens, 7 Crows, 4 Juncos, a few Chickadees, a White-breasted Nuthatch
and a male Cardinal.

Predictions:
Mostly Cloudy with light to moderate SSE wind and a high temperature of 15
C.
Report submitted by Deb Bodenschatz (<debbiebodenschatz...>)

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=111

Join us on Facebook!