Date: 10/28/19 12:58 pm
From: <whoffman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Beached Barred Owls
Hi-

The Short-eared Owls of the temperate and arctic Northern Hemisphere are highly migratory and often make substantial cross-water flights. They are the owls seen most often from ships at sea. They also have established more sedentary populations on numerous subtropical and tropical islands, including Hawaii, The Galapagos, the Greater Antilles, and Ponape.

The only other northern-hemisphere owl that regularly and successfully takes long cross-water flights is the Snowy Owl.

Wayne